Inspired by this month’s Strawberry Eclairs, we thought we’d share a quick & easy strawberry dessert – chocolate covered strawberries. These are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any time you need to whip up something in a hurry, but still want to share a beautiful dessert!
Chocolate Coated Strawberries
What you need:
1/2 lb fresh strawberries
1 cup good quality chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or white)
1/4 cup good quality chocolate chips (contrasting color from the chips used above)
- Wash & dry your strawberries. To dry them, pat them dry with a paper towel & then leave them out on a towel to dry. Be sure that your strawberries are very dry before moving onto the next step! Any water left on your strawberries will stop the chocolate from coating & sticking to your strawberries.
- Carefully melt good quality chocolate chips (you can choose your favorite – milk, semi-sweet or white) in the microwave or on the stovetop over a pot of boiling water. Check out our blog post on melting chocolate for more tips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment to place your strawberries on once they’re dipped.
- Pick up one strawberry at a time, using the leaves as a handle, dip each into the chocolate, twirling it to make sure it is completed coated on all sides. Then carefully remove the strawberry from the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Place each strawberry on the sheet of parchment to set. You can leave your strawberries out or place them in the fridge until the chocolate is set & dry to the touch.
- Once set, carefully melt your second set of chocolate chips as you did before. Once melted, fill a small piping bag or plastic bag with the chocolate. See our blog post on how to fill a piping bag. Snip a tiny amount off the corner of the bag & carefully squeeze the bag, moving it back & forth to form decorative lines across your strawberries.
- One again, let your strawberries set. Then serve – yum!
The SoBakeable Team